The Synergies Prairie Node will provide the following services for journals:
- Infrastructure for online journal publishing through a supported Open Journals System (OJS) installation.
- Full services for journals wishing to go online, but training will also be available for those who prefer to use the OJS software more independently.
- Assistance for authors and journals who wish to automatically add their articles to campus institutional repositories.
- Institutional repository services for accompanying materials such as raw data, files multimedia, etc. - working with journals to preserve these ancillary materials on a long term basis.
- Journal back file digitization services.
- Inclusion in the national Synergies dissemination portal.
- Option of qualifying to be published under the imprint of the University of Calgary Press.
Journal Services brochure
For more information on journal services, visit http://synergiesprairies.ca/ or contact:
Journals Manager, University of Calgary Press
Tel: (403) 220-3512
For more information on the University of Calgary Institutional Repository, contact:
Associate University Librarian
Tel: (403) 220-3764
The Prairie node preservation program will feature a distributed network of repositories, developing the first trusted digital repository for scholarly content which will combine existing technologies like LOCKSS and yet-to-be-developed technologies through Synergies research and development efforts. Working closely with other Canadian models, including the Scholars Portal and the early adopters of Portico, Synergies will demonstrate how research knowledge can be preserved in Canada.
For more information on the preservation initiatives, contact:
Tim Au Yeung
Manager, Digital Object Repository Technology
University of Calgary Libraries and Cultural Resources
Tel: (403) 220-8975