Ontario will provide a range of services:
- Open Journal System hosting for journals. Journals will be provided with initial set up and ongoing training and support. As of January 2009, an annual $750 journal hosting fee will be charged. Fee waivers will be assessed on a case by case basis.
- Integration of Synergies online journals into Scholars Portal.
- Scholar Portal is an integrated search and delivery service for scholarly journals and other publications housing over 100 million citations in all disciplines. From January 2005 to April 2007 20 million searches were conducted and 12 million articles from 8,000 electronic journals were downloaded. Scholars Portal services are available faculty, students and staff in Ontario’s 20 universities.
- Repository and conference support services via the DSpace and the Open Conference System platforms respectively.
- The Ontario node also provides back file digitization services.
For further information please contact:
Project Lead, University of Toronto Libraries
Tel.: 416 946 0113
Web / Digital Initiatives Librarian. University of Guelph
Tel.: (519) 824-4120, ext. 56900
Associate University Librarian, University of Windsor
Tel.: (519) 253-3000 ext. 3201
Digital Initiatives Librarian, York University
Tel.: 416-736-2100 Ext: 20459